Its specific knowledge of the mountain environment and of snow avalanches allows Engineerisk to intervene in its specialist area, focusing on the various problem areas, from the phenomenon itself to protection:
Risk assessment and on site diagnosis :
• snow climate analysis, ground surveys, digital avalanche simulations using Aval1D et RAMMS
Risk management strategy :
• Best approach assessment
• Avalanche control plan
• Risk zoning, natural hazard prevention plans
Active or passive protection :
• Risk assessment of snow gliding and avalanche impact: combining actions concerning buildings in risk areas, pylons and ski lifts, etc.
• Planning diagrams for the location of active structures: snow rakes and bridges and netting, which comply with current standards
• Geographical assessment and location of passive protection: barriers, fences, walls, snowbows
• Tailor-made tools and analysis: residual risk assessment
Engineerisk also means a permanent watch, through regular participation in conferences and meetings (International Snow Science Workshop, Snow Engineering, Interpraevent, etc), and an international network of multi-risk specialists available to give you the best advice.